2 gluten-free English muffins, split in half *
2 cups packed spinach leaves
2 tbsp Zero Belly mayonnaise (or store bought)
Smoked paprika to taste (optional)
Olive oil spray
• Toast the English muffin halves until golden brown.
• Poach 4 eggs.
• While the eggs are poaching, heat a medium sauté pan over medium heat; spray with olive oil spray, and add the spinach. Use a rubber spatula to stir the spinach until wilted. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess water.
• Top each toasted English muffin half with one quarter of the spinach mixture, and one poached egg.
• Top with 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise and a pinch of smoked paprika.
* - For a lower-calorie option, substitute English muffins for four portobello mushroom caps. To prepare the mushrooms, preheat the oven to 300° F. Wipe the portobello caps clean of dirt with a damp paper towel, and remove the stems with a paring knife. Place the mushrooms on a sheet pan, spray the mushrooms lightly with olive oil spray, and bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until soft.
Per serving (with English muffin): 207 calories / 11 g fat / 9 g carb / 3 g fiber / 9 g protein
Per serving (with Portobello mushroom): 148 calories / 10 g fat / 6 g carb / 2 g fiber / 9 g protein